Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fun Fact Friday

This week's Fun Fact Friday is just a tidbit of information that you may or may not know:

A woman who breastfeeds her baby burns approximately 500 calories per day!!

Do you know what other things you can do to burn 500 calories?

  • Jog at 5mph for one hour- sweating atrociously convinced death is just around the corner
  • Do step aerobics for one hour- feeling mildly inadequate because grandma is whipping your butt
  • Jump rope for 45 minutes- hahahahaahaahaaa!!!
  • Run at 8mph for 35 minutes- are you joking? I can't even run 6mph. And I think that is considered a sprint...
  • Spend 50 minutes on the elliptical trainer- as long as something good is on TV I guess it wouldn't be awful...
  • An hour of vigorous rowing on a machine- if you are coordinated enough to work that particular monstrosity
  • Spend an hour doing labor-intensive yard work- which could be enjoyable if you are able avoid the fire ant hills, West Nile Virus-carrying mosquitos, and killer ground bees

I don't know about you, but I greatly prefer to plant my rear end on the couch, stare at my sweet baby's face, and fill her belly a few times a day. Nary a sweat is broken and I am not sore in strange places the next day. In fact, these 500 calories are enough to convince me that I will suffer through all the random aches and pains of nursing a 9 month old and continue on until she's... well, at least 4. I can endure the strange looks and the snickers behind my back to avoid working out strenuously. YAY for nursing!!

And before anyone gets her panties in a wad, I do walk with my family most nights because I do understand the importance of regular physical exercise. I just think it is awesome to burn calories while loving on my Petunia... Happy Friday!!

1 comment: